For the month of April I will be writing (yes, future tense, because many of them are not yet written! I know, I know, I was going to be super prepared in advance this year ... Well, maybe next year that'll happen!) 26 flash fiction pieces based on 26 different assignments that Violet has been on in the past. They will be 200 to 300 words each.
Violet Fairdale is the main character in the Creepy Hollow series. She is in her fifth and final year of training to be a guardian at the Creepy Hollow Guild. Her training requires her to take on assignments where she protects humans from dangerous magical creatures. The month of April will feature some of these assignments.
For those interested, here's how it works in Violet's world:
- Group (with mentor)
- Paired (with mentor)
- Paired (without mentor)
- Solo (with mentor observing)
Training is divided into five years:
- First year: training and lessons only, no assignments
- Second year: training, lessons, group assignments
- Third year: training, lessons, paired assignments with a mentor
- Fourth year: training, lessons, paired assignments without a mentor, solo assignments with a mentor observing.
- Fifth year: training, paired and solo assignments
Good luck with the challenge!